|Day 7: July 4 - Taughannock - Hibiscus
· Behind and ahead of us (we only got a few drops for 5 minutes)
· serious lightning south of us
· Ithaca reportedly got hail
|Hibiscus Harbor with no bow thruster (very
tight) - YEAH, CAPT. MARTIN!!!
· Michael Maloney-Ward’s grandfather, mother and aunts from Bedford in motor boat
· jump into pool
· Gin & Tonics at bar
Dinner at Marina restaurant
· “Wallace and Grommit and the Wrong Trousers” at last!
· only 5 beers left, so we drank lots of Goosewatch wine
|· Fireworks!! 10 PM (It gets dark
a lot later in NY!)
· We took towels, bed pillows and a blanket to the main deck. Fireworks were right over the boat!
· clear and cool following the thunderstorm front
· lots of patriotic music during fireworks
Martin and Rika lay out and star-gazed afterwards (new faceless horse constellation)
· Martin slept with forward hatch open under the stars
Back to Top Next Day